Sunday, December 31, 2017

Best 10 Memories of 2017


Well folks, are you gearing up to usher in the New Year 2018? You may already be holidaying at popular destinations or getting ready to meet near and dear ones, pop the champagne, enjoy a hearty feast or make party-fueled New Year Resolutions (only to break them the very next day 😝). Most of us have a set routine for welcoming the new year. I certainly do and right now I am at my in-laws house in Bangalore, getting ready for a family get-together this evening. I just got done baking a chocolate cake which looks like it could end up being a disaster. Oh well! 😛

The New Year stands before us like a blank book. It brings with it the hope for a better tomorrow and also a chance to do better than today.  It is a golden opportunity to reinvent our lives and ourselves. I have mulled over the year gone by and I do have certain goals and aspirations for the new year which I plan to fulfill with utmost sincerity. I would like to start this year on the right foot by exercising more, drinking more water, consuming more portions fruit, making smarter food choices, reading more books and (hopefully) travelling more. I also hope to come up with more fun mother-daughter activities to do with my girls. Only time will tell how I will fare on achieving them but I will be optimistic for now 😊 If you have set goals for yourself, I wish you luck.

As this year comes to a close, it is a good time to reflect on all the positives and negatives. Maybe you were one of the lucky ones that had a great year but if you had a bad one, then look at it as an opportunity to wipe the proverbial slate clean and start afresh. My prayers for everyone in 2018 is to be able to focus on health and wellness, enjoy quality family time, fulfill career goals, acquire financial stability and achieve personal happiness. And if you can get some adventure and exciting opportunities thrown into the mix, there would be nothing like it.

As we bid adieu to 2017, whatever you feel for your colleagues, friends, family or other near and dear ones – love, admiration, gratitude or respect, let them know so you could put a smile on their face and feel good about it while you are at it. 

So, coming back to the crux of this post, here are my top 10 memories of 2017,


Blossom Bliss at Gardens by the Bay 

I like this memory because this only reinforces my desire to visit Japan during the sakura/cherry blossom season. Someday!

An Outing with the Kids to the Palawan Pirate Ship

This was a great memory because everything was so perfect on that day - glorious weather, the kids in a sublime mood, super fun waterpark experience and a jaunt down to the beach later 😊



Fresh Mango Cake with Whipped Cream and a Dark Chocolate Collar

This was a happy memory because I made this cake for the first time when my parents were around and they were so delighted to see it (and rather proud too). 

Mom and Dad Visit my University Campus

One weekend we took my parents and the kids to my workplace. I know that does not sound fun but in fact it was. Being a very green and scenic campus, the kids and my parents had a lovely time. 


All-girls trip to Batam

Then there was the time me and my girlfriends took off to nearby Batam island for the weekend. It gave me a much needed break and a chance to catch up on the lives of my friends.

I hope I can do it again in future.

Making Fresh Pasta at Home

I really don't know why I had put this off so long. I realized that making fresh pasta at home is not all that intimidating and once I had crossed it off my list, I went on to make it many more times after that. Even Instagram let me know that my fresh pasta dishes received the highest appreciation of all my posts in 2017 😊 I tried ravioli, fettuccine and spaghetti this year and hope the new year brings new adventure in pasta making. 

Family holiday to Club Med, Bintan

This was another wonderful memory that came about during the time my in-laws were visiting us. Spending quality time as a family, gorging on sumptuous food  and soaking in the tranquility was just what the doctor ordered. Being older, the kids enjoyed the all-inclusive holiday much more than they did the previous year. 

Deepavali Celebration

Deepavali this year was very memorable. Me and the girls began a new tradition of mehendi (which was surprisingly non-messy). They enjoyed getting decked up for the festival as well. We had all my colleagues over for dinner so the evening was spent feasting in good company. 


Baking my Twins Third Birthday Cake

The chocolate drip cake with chocolate peanut butter frosting and a chocolate glaze turned out way beyond my expectations and so it makes the cut for one of the best moments of this year.


Staycation for the Twins Third Birthday

On this staycation, we spent a memorable three days indulging the kids with all the activities that they love doing. Going to the waterpark, the beach, indoor play gym, restaurants and to the park....it was a birthday well spent indeed. 


Trip Back Home

This is always the highlight of our year. And this year was so much more relaxing than it usually is. With no social events there was much less travelling within India and hence a chance to spend more quality time with family. I even got plenty of opportunities to shop, enjoy my favourite regional dishes, check out restaurants and meet up with old friends. My idea of the perfect home trip.



So that was my best 10. Of course there were many more but these were the standouts 😊

Here I am signing off for 2017. I hope you have a great 2018 😊


Cheers,
Megha


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post? You can leave a message to let me know. Thanks!

Please note that I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem inappropriate, offensive, spam or self-advertising. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...