I love pancakes and I love fresh fruit. Combine them together and you can never go wrong! Pancakes are delightfully versatile in that you can combine them with a variety of sweet or savoury ingredients and they taste great. The best part about pancakes is how easy they are to make. I am sure there are hundreds of different recipes for pancakes out there but I always stick to this particular one. I have slightly modified the recipe to suit my taste. I make sure to measure my ingredients each time so the pancakes turn out consistently good.Cinnamon Pancakes with Fresh Fruit
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 2-4 min per pancake
Recipe category: Breakfast/WesternRecipe level: Very easy
1 and a half cups plain/all-purpose flour
1 and a half cups milk
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
2 tbsp melted butter/vegetable oil
Chopped fresh fruit (bananas or strawberries)
Icing sugar for dusting (optional)
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, sugar, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and 1 1/2 cups of milk; add to flour mixture and stir until smooth.
3. Blend in the melted butter or oil.
4. Add the vanilla essence and cinnamon powder.
5. Spread 1/4 cup of batter on a hot griddle. Cook until bubbly, a little dry around the edges, and lightly browned on the bottom; turn and brown the other side.
6. Serve with chopped fresh fruits and drizzle with maple syrup. If desired, lightly dust with icing sugar and cinnamon powder.