Saturday, June 11, 2016

Recipe of the month: Vegetarian Beehoon - A guest post for like a lavendeR


Did you see my last guest post on Pineapple Tarts? If you didn't, please go and check it out otherwise you may seem a bit lost with this post. What's that now? You already did? Then I thank you for being awesome.  

To elaborate more, I volunteered to do a two-part guest post for fellow blogger Reshma who blogs at 'like a lavendeR'. This offer was made to ease her burden of blogging while she is in the midst of relocating from Germany to India with her family. For anyone who has gone through the hassle of a big move....you know what that's like, don't you? 

Since I live in Singapore, I thought that it would be a good idea to contribute dishes with a local flavour. And I wanted to be diverse so I selected a sweet and a savoury local dish. For today's guest post I have for you Vegetarian Beehoon, a savoury dish made with rice vermicelli. 

Beehoon is a humble local dish (Singapore and Malaysia) particularly popular during breakfast hours. Commonly referred to as ‘Economical Beehoon’, this dish can be truly economical with a few simple toppings like cabbage and egg, or it can be made quite luxurious with an assortment of gourmet ingredients. This is a simple, fuss-free and hearty dish that can be customized easily to one's palette. It represents comfort food in this part of the world.


Beehoon was my first tryst with local cuisine way back in 2008 so it will always hold a special place in my heart. My version is not authentic but it is the result of a lot of culinary experimentation that led to what I genuinely believe is a winning recipe (I'm so modest no?). 

So without rambling further, here is a wonderful dish that you can prepare in the comfort of your home and feel like you have been transported to a hawker center in Singapore. A satisfied tummy and teleportation at the same time....now that sounds like a neat deal to me! If you agree, head on over to Reshma's space to check out the recipe with step-by-step pictures. 

Once again, thanks a bunch Reshma, for this opportunity. Here's wishing you and your family all the best and I look forward to more of your food, travel adventures and décor projects back on home turf.


Till next time...


Cheers,
Megha

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post? You can leave a message to let me know. Thanks!

Please note that I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem inappropriate, offensive, spam or self-advertising. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...