Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Handcrafted Italian Pizzas from Pizza Delivery Singapore

Service Review


If you know anything about me, you will know that I completely (and unapologetically) love fast food. I believe cheese to be one of mankind's most ingenious culinary creations and Italian is one of my most favourite cuisines so it comes as no surprise that pizza features up high in my list of preferred foods to order at restaurants. I and my husband also make different kinds of pizza at home from scratch and it usually turns into a weekend fun family activity 😊

Although we prefer making fresh home-cooked meals most of the time, once or twice a week, we give ourselves a well-earned break and go out to eat or else order home delivery. With a global pandemic raging for the past several months, we have resorted to home delivery most of the time. Since everyone in my household loves pizza, it is a frequently ordered item along with sides like garlic bread and mozzarella cheese sticks. 

I was asked by Best In Singapore if I would do a pizza review and to be honest, I didn't think twice. I need no excuse to eat pizza 😁

Image Source: Pizza Delivery Singapore

Pizza Delivery Singapore is an upscale fast-casual concept that serves up artisan-style pizzas and pastas made on demand, ready in minutes and delivered to your doorstep all under 1 hour. They have been shortlisted as one among the 13 best pizza deliveries in Singapore by Best In Singapore

As the name suggests, Pizza Delivery Singapore primarily focuses on the online aspect of the pizza experience. They strive to provide customers with an authentic Italian experience just a finger click away. Their handcrafted pizzas are said to be made only with traditional southern Italian mozzarella cheese. Their chefs are committed to personally selecting the finest ingredients every week – assuring you a mouthful of only the freshest pizzas and pasta.

Image Source: Pizza Delivery Singapore

There is a selection of artisan-style pizzas (Classics and Favourites), traditional pastas (such as Marinara, Alfredo, Aglio Olio, Carbonara, Bolognese) and a few sides like Mozzarella Cheese Sticks, Chicken Wings, Fish Fingers, Honey Mustard Prawns and Meatballs. 

I must say that the pictures of the food they have on their website are quite tempting. The credit for that goes to Owari Photography

Image Source: Pizza Delivery Singapore

Image Source: Pizza Delivery Singapore

All pizzas are available in 3 sizes - Small (6-inches/4 slices), Medium (9-inches/6 slices) and Large (12-inches/8 slices). 

I ordered large Margherita pizzas, medium Mushroom pizzas and Mozzarella cheese sticks. I placed the order in advance and selected the time-slot that I wanted.

The food was delivered right on time. It was packed well and clearly labelled.


The Margherita Pizza looked really good. The pizzas from here are really thin crust and they go easy on the cheese so you don't feel stuffed after eating a few slices. I liked the harmony of the tangy fresh tomato sauce, the cherry tomatoes, the light creaminess of the mozzarella perfumed with fresh basil. The crust tasted fresh and the texture was crispy yet slightly chewy. 


The Mushroom pizza had a layer of tomato sauce layered with mozzarella cheese, button, shiitake and oyster mushrooms, sliced black olives, capers, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh herbs. I really liked the combination of these flavours and I am inspired to try it myself at home some time. The olives, capers and sun-dried tomatoes all tend to be salty so some people may find the pizza a bit on the saltier side but it was fine for me. Again, the thin-crust was fresh, crispy yet slightly chewy. 


The mozzarella cheese sticks with their breaded coating and a cheesy interior were as crispy as they could be (considering they had been sweltering inside a closed box). You know how mozzarella cheese sticks taste the best fresh out of the fryer when they are still piping hot with the oozy stringy cheese....so they aren't really ideal candidates for home delivery. We still enjoyed them though. The tomato dipping sauce was pretty good. 


Currently on their website, Pizza Delivery Singapore are offering a special promotion of 50% off for any two pizzas which is a really sweet deal you guys. There is free islandwide delivery for orders above $60. 


In total, I had ordered two large pizzas, two medium pizzas and three starters. This quantity can easily feed 6 people so if you calculate the cost per head, it approximately comes to about  $14 which I think is very reasonable indeed. 


There is a decent selection of items on the menu, the pizzas are fresh, light and flavourful, the delivery is prompt and prices competitive. So what are you waiting for? Order your pizzas today and share it with your family and friends 😊


Pizza Delivery:

Facebook

Instagram

Website


Best in Singapore:

Facebook

Instagram

Website



Cheers,

Megha


Disclaimer: I was sent vouchers to to order the food for the purpose of this review. I have not received any monetary compensation to write the review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post? You can leave a message to let me know. Thanks!

Please note that I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem inappropriate, offensive, spam or self-advertising. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...