Thursday, December 24, 2020

Go Nuts about Health with Just Nuts!

Product Review


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Nuts are one of nature's most amazing gifts. They are tasty, convenient and can be enjoyed on all kinds of diets ranging from keto to vegan. Despite being high in fat and calories, they are a source of great many nutrients, they are high in fiber, healthy unsaturated fats, quality protein and they are loaded with antioxidants. 

Several observational studies have found that regularly eating nuts is not associated with weight gain and may even prevent it. Nut consumption is associated with reduced appetite and increased feelings of fullness. This means that people eating them may naturally eat less throughout the day. But it is important to exercise portion control and not go overboard. For the healthiest option, one can choose plain, unsalted varieties of nuts.

Nuts are a staple in my kitchen. I use them extensively in my cooking and quite often in my baking as well. I also snack on them regularly (probably more than I should!). In my household, the Indian curries are almost always cashew, almond or peanut based. Fried cashews are a mandatory garnishing for any Indian rice, semolina or vermicelli dish that I prepare. I tend to spoon a generous dollop of peanut butter or almond butter over my overnight oats to make it more satisfying and delicious. Basil pesto pasta containing either walnuts or pine nuts features on our family menu every single week. I have a thing for homemade Middle Eastern mezze platters for which nuts and dried fruit are an integral component. I have the habit of sprinkling almond flakes or chopped walnuts on top of any kind of salad or buddha bowl. My sweet bakes commonly contain pecans, macadamia nuts or hazelnuts and pistachios are my garnish of choice when I happen to make traditional Indian sweets or puddings. I also have a habit of storing a small contained of mixed nuts and dried fruit at my workplace for when the mid-morning or late afternoon hunger pangs strike. At any given point of time, I will always have large quantities of cashews, almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios and peanuts in my refrigerator. Nuts and dried fruit invariably have a permanent place on my shopping list and need constant replenishing. 

With the Covid-19 pandemic this year, exercising and eating healthy might not be a priority for a lot of people. Stress and anxiety also leads to mindless snacking on refined and processed foods. Best in Singapore has compiled a list of Top 8 Healthy Nuts in Singapore you should check out. In all probability, it will make you remove that bag of potato chips or biscuits from your grocery basket and replace it with any one of these delicious guilt-free snacks.

In December, my family's consumption of nuts and dried fruit shoots up further with all the holiday baking and home entertaining. So when I was asked to do a review on Just Nuts, an online nuts delivery service in Singapore, I said yes without thinking twice 😊


The website is very easy to navigate. You have all kinds of nuts you can think of along with dried fruit and even some seeds and beans. For the nuts, it is great that they offer different forms - raw, baked, roasted, sliced or powdered. The delivery service offers different sizing of their products which I found quite helpful. 

Some key features of the products from Just Nuts:
  • Natural and Organic. No chemicals or pesticides used
  • Kept in -2 degrees and dark storage to preserve the natural freshness, flavours and crunchiness of nuts
  • Handpicked harvest that is handled with care
  • Meticulous quality control
  • Within 2 hour island-wide delivery (free delivery above purchase of $60)
  • 100% guarantee replacement for any product that is not good


There are so many options to choose from that I was spoilt for choices. I ordered some of the nuts and dried fruit that I commonly use at home  namely Roasted Cashews, Raw Almonds, Sliced Almonds, Pine Nuts, Dried Pitted Prunes and Dried Cranberries. I also ordered a few that I am not that familiar with such as Dried Figs and Brazil Nuts

I love gifting boxes of dried fruit and assorted nuts as gifts not only during festive occasions but also for casual home visits. Not only does it look attractive but it is useful, delicious and a healthier option for your loved ones. If you are going the edible gift route, Just Nuts has some great gift boxes in a different price ranges that you can choose from. 

The nuts and dried fruit arrived on schedule and were hygienically packed. 

As you can see, the products are in a sealed zip-top bag and clearly labelled.


I happened to be hungry (as usual) so I put together a bowl containing an assortment of everything that I had ordered and began to dig in. Everything tasted fresh and wonderfully good. 

I used the pine nuts to make basil pesto and as garnishing for a dip, I added the cranberries to my snack box and the rest of the dried fruit and nuts were to feature in a special Middle eastern mezze platter I had planned for a Christmas dinner at home. 

I don't recall ever eating dried figs before. I loved them. My kids loved them too and the whole packet was polished off within 2 days 😊



Currently, Just Nuts has a Christmas promotion going on. If you are falling behind on your Christmas festive cooking, baking or gifting, there is still time to catch up folks.


If you enjoy cooking and baking with nuts and dried fruit, I recommend some of my favourite festive recipes from my blog for you to put a sparkle on your dinner table.



Just Nuts

Operating Hours: 
Mon-Fri: 11:00AM – 8:ooPM
(Lat Order at 6:30PM)

Sat-Sun: 11:00AM – 9:00PM
(Last Order at 7:30PM)

General Inquiries:
admin@nutsdelivery.com.sg


Also check out Best In Singapore for great recommendations on the latest deals and trends. Best in Singapore, is a website that consolidates all the best finds in Singapore. From air purifiers to pizza delivery and hair spas, they have got you covered.




Payment is brought to you by Liquid Gateway

Cheers,
Megha


Disclaimer: I was sent complimentary dried fruit and nuts (of my choosing) for the purpose of this review. I have not accepted any monetary compensation to write this review. All opinions are honest and my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this post? You can leave a message to let me know. Thanks!

Please note that I reserve the right to delete any comments that I deem inappropriate, offensive, spam or self-advertising. I appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...